Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Week 2 Vocabulary

Week 2 Vocab Pronunciations


Week 2 Vocabulary Words and definitions:
1.  brouhaha - an uproar, chaos, bedlam
2.  ubiquitous - seeming to be everywhere at once
3.  malicious - wanting to cause harm or damage
4.  tenable  - capable of being defended
5.  coerce - to persuade using force or threat
6.  abhor - to loathe or to hate
7.  emulate - to imitate someone in order to be more like that person
8.  lieu - instead of, in place of
9.  eradicate - to remove completely, literally to pull up by the roots
10.  saturated - completely wet, thoroughly soaked

Sample Sentences for Week 2 Vocabulary:
1.  A brouhaha broke out in the stand after Prairie won the game.
2.  The smell of cookies was ubiquitous, filling every room in the house.
3.  The malicious boys threw eggs at the old man's house.
4.  His argument is tenable because he backed it up with a lot of research.
5.  My brother tried to coerce me to do his chores, but I still refused.
6.  I abhor green beans because they make me gag.
7.  The boy tried to emulate his older brother.
8.  In lieu of extra credit, I will give you candy.
9.  I have tried to eradicate all the bad habits from my life.
10.  After falling in the puddle, the boy's clothes were saturated with water.

No comments:

Post a Comment