Monday, September 15, 2014

9-15-14 Week 2 Vocabulary Words with Pronunciations

Here are the pronunciations:



Words and definitions
1.  brouhaha  A commotion, an uproar, a hubbub. Chaos.
2.  ubiquitous  Seeming to be everywhere at once.
3.  malicious  Wanting to do harm or cause damage.
4.  tenable  Capable of being defended.
5.  coerce  To get someone to do something by force or threat.
6.  abhor  To loathe, to hate.
7.  emulate  To imitate someone or to copy someone in an effort to be like that person.
8.  lieu   In place of or instead of.
9.  eradicate  Literally, to pull up by the roots. To remove completely.
10.  saturated  Totally soaked, thoroughly wet.

Sentences:
1.  It was a brouhaha in the stands after the Falcons won the game.
2.  The security officer was ubiquitous, showing up everywhere I went at school.
3.  The malicious boys threw eggs at the old man's house.
4.  His argument is tenable because he backed it up with a lot of good research.
5.  My brother tried to coerce me to take out the garbage for him.
6.  I abhor green beans. They make me gag.
7.  A lot of kids try to emulate Robinson Cano because they want to hit a baseball just like he does.
8.  In lieu of extra credit, I am going to give you candy and prizes.
9.  I tried to eradicate all of the bad habits from my life.
10.  The boy's clothing was saturated after he fell in the lake.


No comments:

Post a Comment